Monday, August 25, 2008

Country Primavera

Last night I wanted something warm for dinner. The grill at the store had already closed. So I went into the kitchen and pantry and found everything for my meal. In a little while, I will post the recipe.

For this made from scratch concoction I used:

1/2 cup chopped white onions
1 thinly sliced squashed
1/2 thinly sliced zucchini
1 slice of bacon chopped
1 small can of mushrooms...fresh mushrooms could be used depending on what you have available
1 can of tomato sauce
2 small tomatos chopped
2 cups of egg noodles
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
2 dashes of italian seasoning
salt and pepper

First, I cooked my egg noodles. Then in a large skillet, I fried the chopped bacon with the onions, squash and zucchini until they were cooked. I added the salt, pepper, garlic, oregano and italian seasoning. Then I added the mushrooms and tomato sauce. After the tomato sauce was in, I then added the fresh chopped tomatos. I added the rest of the italian seasoning. I then finally drained the egg noodles. I put the noodles in a bowl and put the vegetables on top of the noodles. I eventually put mixed the remaining noodles with the vegetables.

This recipe would be a great vegetarian meal if you left the bacon out.

Also, I've been picking wild plums for my grandma and I to make wild plum jelly! So far I've picked two big bowl fulls and the tree still has plums that are falling. I've also found a wild peach tree!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com