Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hello!

Hello. I'm Christine and I'm Crafty! I've been interested in arts & crafts along with cooking and gardening since I was a very person. All through school I was in 4-H and one of my big two projects was arts & crafts and food preparation. That experience helped me gain confidence and knowledge in areas that are still used today.

The areas of arts and crafts that I'm interested in is photography (that's the art part) and embroidery/cross stitch (the crafts part). There's other things that I can pick up such as jewelry making and anything else that I can get my hands on.

Talking about photography...I recently won the "Best of Show" award from my employers "employee art show." I'm still stunned that my photograph won "Best of Show," which was voted on by fellow employees.

I'm a better baker than cook. I'm known for my apple pies and peach cobbler. I can definitely whip up a pecan pie. When I cook, I love to make lasagna rollups, which happen to be a family favorite.

This year, I don't have an "official" garden. It's more like here and there. I have about 8 or 9 squash plants that are still producing, 4 canteloupe plants, 1 watermelon, 2 pumpkin plants, and several tomato plants. I planted some green beans, but my grandma planted some morning glories and I think the morning glories killed the green beans. :-( She said next we're only going to plant the green beans and no morning glories. I did grow some corn, which was too late to grow, some okra that I never planted but was still growing but no actual okra on it, greens, and cucumbers. All of these plants never made and I think it was never meant to be.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com